Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Hardest Thing I Have Ever Done...


Last night, Scott and I decided we would let Griffin cry every time he woke up in the middle of the night. Neither of us have gotten a full night's sleep in over 6 months, as baby G gets up at least 2-4 times a night, requiring attention or feedings that last anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. We put Griffin to bed at 8, he got up at 11:45 and cried for 20 minutes... not so bad. Then he got up at 12:45 and (no exaggerations here) cried for an hour and 25 minutes. After 45 minutes I started crying too. When he got up in the morning Scott and I both ran in and were greeted by this smile, thank God. I hope this doesn't keep up for more than a couple nights. It really tests every bit of strength in me.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

omg how tough!!! good job mama! you have decided what to do and are sticking with it! big props!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Person always said, "it takes ONE week to teach a new behavior" and the reality is that it seemed she was often right. Sleeping, binkie denial, whatever behavior we were trying to break...even in Ryan! Hang in for seven days and THEN fall apart!